House keeping

I haven't been around a lot lately (for various reasons) but appreciate people alerting other readers of new sightings ... I will try to post some of them soon. If you want to send me pics, you can send them to jkhr1999@gmail.com .... I check it periodically.

My question is this. I keep seeing this (below) and admit to ignorance ... how do I know if this blog is google plus? Cause they are saying they will be deleting google plus pages. I pay monthly to host it .. does that make it google plus? If they delete it I can't rebuild it .. lots most of the stuff in a computer crash:
Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019. 

Google+ widgets: Support for the “+1 Button”, “Google+ Followers” and “Google+ Badge” widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog. 

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed. 

Please note that if you have a custom template that includes Google+ features, you may need to update your template. Please contact your template supplier for advice. 

Google+ Comments: Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog. 

4 comments:

  1. I offer no advice.....but I really hope this blog doesn't go away. Tumblr has gone down....and I've been following this blog since 2011. I hope you find what you are looking for and you stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger and Google+ are separate things (G+ is a social network). Your blog will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I’m pretty sure blogger blogs are safe for now. I know I’m not alone in saying I don’t know what I would do if his page went away.

    ReplyDelete