Robbie Benson - Ice castles and Running Brave NSFW

Running Brave - Not sure how this got a "PG" rating back in the day as there is full frontal male nudity. Mind you, there is nothing sexual about it as it takes place in a locker room. There are some underwear sightings also, most notably Robbie, of course. Considering how most people would consider our society more sexually open than 30 years ago, I guarantee that the shower scene would have been excised if released today. matter of fact, I have heard the DVD actually edits it. I wonder why people have body issues when they are trained that simple nudity, with no sex involved, is a bad thing. The movie itself is an okay, if pretty formulaic, sports movie telling the true story of Billy Mills who ran, and won, in the Olympics.

video

"Ice Castles" - Another movie based on an actual athlete, this one was about a female skater who became blinded but continued to compete. Robbie was her boyfriend. The movie itself is ok but not really my cup of tea. As a matter of fact, if Robbie didn't have one of the most (and best) gratuitous underwear scenes of all time, I can pretty much guarantee I would have never watched it. I first saw pictures from this at the corner drugstore in a "fotonovel." These "fotonovels" were paperback books that took several hundred stills from a movie and inserted the dialogue from the film into the pictures much like a comic book. In the days before VCR/DVD they were the only way to "re-watch" a movie. I bought them for "Star Trek" and "battlestar Galactica" but Ice Castles was the one I really wanted due to the pics of Robbie in briefs. Of course I could never justify buying it as it was a "romance" movie so I would sneak looking at it whenever I could go to the store. Kinda pathetic. Straight kids were sneaking pics at playboy and I was sneaking pics at a fotonovel of a PG movie. This movie also had a huge hit with a fairly sappy tune by Melissa Manchester (I think) ... it was kind of the "My heart will go on" song of the late 70's. Great scene below:

video

2 comments:

  1. Robbie Benson is a very good looking guy. I stumbled across Running Brave on TV years ago and was attracted to him immediately. The only reason I bought Ice Castles on DVD was because of his tighty whities scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these guys just let their dicks flop all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

linkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...