"Rock Stars in their underpants"

In 1980 Paula Yates (she had ongoing relationships with Bob Geldolf and Michael Hutchance) published an oddity of a book. It was titled "Rock Stars in their Underpants" and was just pictures of popular artists at the time in their underwear. It included Madonna, David Lee Roth, Rod Stewart, Sparks and many others. The problem was only two of the rock stars wore tighty whities. One was the band "The Knack" of "My Sharona" fame and the other was Ted Nugent. I'm putting up a picture of the Knack because I genuinely like their music and the picture of Ted Nugent because I think it would appall him to be on a site frequented by gay men in his underwear.
Actually, are those tighty whites or is Ted in a unitard or something?

                                                                              The Knack

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Knack shot. I'm the photographer. I was on tour with them on NYE 1980 when this was shot.
    The guys in the tuxes in the background were all roadies. It's weird to see my shot so heavily photoshopped but kinda fun too.
    The image is ©Mark Rutherford but you have my permission to publish.
    Cheers-
    www.mrutherford.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the info and the permission! The Knack were one of the first rock bands I got into and I still love their stuff (own everything). So were you on tour with them for the .... but the little girls understand tour?

      Delete