Barry Robbins - Bless the Beast and the Children - 1971

The pics here are pretty terrible for 2 reasons:
1) my source material was awful ... I think the movie has finally been released on DVD but this is a VHS rip. Not sure if they would have cleaned up the DVD either.
2) I had to crop like crazy because the only actor I know that is of age was Barry Robbins (who, although playing (and looking like) a teen was actually 26 years old when the film was made.
The best known actor in the movie was arguably Bill Mumy from Lost in Space. He played the rebel teen in this movie (he was 17 at the time). There was a ton of tighty whitie scenes from him and others in the flick but they are generally underage which kind of kills the scene in terms of eroticism. However, forgetting about that, this is actually a pretty good flick but it is definitely of it's time. A group of misfit kids go on a roadtrip to rescue buffalo's before they can be slaughtered by hunters. Has a pretty brutal ending. The carpenters did the title track.
Barry Robbins was gay and, unfortunately died of AIDS as a pretty young guy.






                                                Hey, there's part of Billy Mumy's head!




 For some reason when the misfit campers decide to steal something from the popular kids they don't bother getting dressed and try to steal it while in their undies. They get caught and spanked in front of the rest of the campers. I admit I never went to camp but seeing this movie I can't imagine why I would want to. Seems a bit like the Lord of the Flies. If I want to be publicly humiliated I think I would just as soon do it at home.
                                                 Camp Counselor so he was safe also.











No comments:

Post a Comment