Clint Eastwood - "Play Misty For Me" - 1971

Say what you will about Clint, as a libertarian he is pro-gay marriage so at least he is consistent in his beliefs about small government (although please don't leave political comments on this page, I got off facebook to avoid them). This was Clint's first directorial effort and it was ok. Basically "fatal attraction" long before "fatal attraction." I thought the first 2/3 of the film moved along pretty well but once Clint decided to film himself in a love scene for the ENTIRE length of the song "First time I ever saw you face" the movie began to drag on. I think Clint would have been 41 here but looks older (to me) in the face. I think Clint probably looked like a mature man at 18. Since he directed the movie we know it was his choice to film himself in his tighty whities so good on you, Clint.





















1 comment: