Gregory Harrison - Fraternity Row - 1977

This post is for a specific person too, so I hope he likes it. This is a tough movie to find because I believe it is owned by the college that filmed it (could be wrong but it's something like that). It's actually a  good movie that captures it's era (1950's) really well. It's a pretty serious drama and the ending really stays with you. I would love to see the movie again, and not just for the underwear scenes. beyond that it's just frat boys being frat boys during pledge week. Which in in this case involves getting all the guys down to their tighty whities, pouring honey and other foods all over them, spanking them, spraying them with beer .. just regular guy stuff apparently.  I had a crush on Gregory Harrison from an old TV series called "Logan's Run" (spin-off of the movie) and this movie just re-inforced it.
                                I'll tell ya, this movie poster would have gotten me in the theatre!


                                                  How great looking is Gregory Harrison?

































































10 comments:

  1. I've never looked at a scene with tighty whities with so much disgust. Somebody hurry and get a watering hose. Wheres Carrie when you need her? Don't be offended though I love this blog and there is those people who like dirty panties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do know that is honey and food they poured on them as part of hell week, right? But, I agree I would rather have them food free

      Delete
  2. Wow, I used to have this on VHS somewhere. Can I put in a request for September 30, 1955 is it's possible to find?

    captaincold1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Capt. ... I think I have one pic from it (you probably have it) ... I will look for it and post it today if I can find it. I'll keep my eye out for more too.

      Delete
  3. I wish they had this movie on DVD. I had the scenes on VHS recorded from TV years ago. Great scenes. Esp. love the 3 guys lined up in their briefs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is definitly the black hair guy who reacts so strongly when he sees the guy falling. He looks handsome and sensitive. What is his relationship with the other ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a long time since I saw the movie but as I remember it the guy with dark hair and Greg Harrison were basically the conscience of the film. Greg was the idealist and the dark haired guy was more grounded. The dark haired guy was a senior frat member and greg H. was a pledge, and they had a special bond. As I recall the dark haired guy was against the hazing and refused to participate (you notice he wasn't in the robe) but Greg H. wanted to go through with it in the name of brotherhood. Greg choked on some liver there fed the pledges. Really sad ending to a good film. Worth catching it you can. If anyone else remembers differently let me know ... like I said it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and he was handsome and sensitive. Amazing you picked up on that from such a short clip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul Newman's son Scott co-stared in the film as the pledgemaster. He died of drugs shortly after the movie came out. I heard a lot of the extra frat member parts were filled by frat guys from USC and UCLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if any of the guys in tighty whites were frat guys? It was a good movie.

      Delete