"Spleen of Sterven" (or "To play or to die") - 1990


This is a short film from the Netherlands. The caps are awful but I couldn't find better source material. The locker room scene is pretty hot IF you remove it from it's context (bullying). One of the blog readers has been sending me some links to some good foreign stuff I wasn't aware of and I want to start reflecting some stuff outside of just the US and a lot of the blog visitors are outside the USA.
The first guy (the one changing) is played by Geert Hunaerts. He looks really young but I checked and he was 18 (or older, can't remember) when movie made.
                                     













The Bully is played by Tjebbo Gerritsma ... pretty hot guy. The coach catches him bullying Geerd and makes him take off his pants, put them on his head and sing a song to embarrass the bully. Kinda hot.













5 comments:

  1. I have to admit this film is a favorite of mine and I crushed a lot on Geert Hunaerts (who played Kees the main character) and Tjebbo Gerritsima (Charel), both of them HANDSOME!! Charel's cohorts were beautiful too. Wish bullying wasn't a theme of the plot, I would've preferred Kees and Charel to have had a heated passionate encounter if not end up together. The locker room scene always turns me on though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks great. Any mean to stream or download this movie ?

      Delete
    2. The movie is on Youtube. Let me know what you think of it.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, I didn't expect to find it so easily. I think the movie is from Nederlands. Among its qualities: the homoerotic climate and the torments of adolescence. The two main actors are touching. But the development of the story is a little too slow, I admit that I was bored. Anyway I thank the scriptwriters and the director for this wonderful bullfighting scene with tighty whities. For this reason alone it deserves to be broadcast again with better image quality.

      Delete
    4. I agree with you that the story's development was slow yet the qualities it presented were well portrayed. I learned the original author Anna Blaman, focused a lot on loneliness and how it effects people and it really shows in this adaptation of one of her stories. Personally wish there was more between Charel and Kees (and that the ending had been different to an extent). Charel at moments I saw seemed insecure and wrestling with similar repressed torments as Kees that he just couldn't or wanted to accept/act on. It certainly should be broadcast again with enhanced quality.

      Delete